Skip to main content

Search hotels in Mthatha

Enter your dates to see the latest prices and deals for Mthatha hotels

Filter by:

Star Rating

Review score

Mthatha – 32 hotels and places to stay

See the latest prices and deals by choosing your dates.
Garden Court Mthatha, hotel in Mthatha

Located in Mthatha, 2.8 miles from Nelson Mandela Museum, Garden Court Mthatha has accommodations with an outdoor swimming pool, free private parking, a fitness center and a garden.

Everything was perfect
Scored 8.7
Rated excellent
Excellent
93 reviews
Price from$104.39per night
Hotel Savoy and Conference Centre, hotel in Mthatha

Hotel Savoy and Conference Center is centrally located in Mthatha. It features 3 in-house restaurants, spacious meeting rooms and free onsite parking. Free WiFi is available throughout the property.

N/A
Scored 7.6
Rated good
Good
831 reviews
Price from$107.09per night
Shoes Guest House, hotel in Mthatha

Shoes Guest House is a recently renovated bed and breakfast in Mthatha where guests can make the most of the garden and terrace.

The host Sis Pumza☺️... I had arrived earlier than expected and had not made any arrangements but she came through for me... Offered me one of the rooms for me to relax as I was traveling from Western Cape that was before the check in time... Very nice and friendly staff 👌
Scored 8.5
Rated very good
Very Good
538 reviews
Price from$38.56per night
Obaa Sima Guest House, hotel in Mthatha

Obaa Sima Guest House in Mthatha provides accommodations with a garden, a terrace, and a shared lounge. This bed and breakfast features free private parking and a 24-hour front desk.

Scored 8.5
Rated very good
Very Good
139 reviews
Price from$41.31per night
Elam Guest House, hotel in Mthatha

Elam Guest House offers accommodations in Mthatha, 2.6 miles from Nelson Mandela Museum. Both Wifi and private parking are available at the bed and breakfast free of charge.

Scored 8.9
Rated excellent
Excellent
10 reviews
Price from$38.56per night
Sweet home guesthouse, hotel in Mthatha

Sweet home guesthouse, a property with a terrace, is located in Mthatha, 2.3 miles from Nelson Mandela Museum. This lodge provides free private parking, room service and free WiFi.

Scored 7.7
Rated good
Good
6 reviews
Price from$27.27per night
Pristine Guest Apartments, hotel in Mthatha

Pristine Guest Apartments offers accommodations in Mthatha, 2.3 miles from Nelson Mandela Museum. Both Wifi and private parking are accessible at the apartment free of charge.

Scored 9.3
Rated wonderful
Wonderful
8 reviews
Price from$46.82per night
The Brook Villa, hotel in Mthatha

Offering a garden, The Brook Villa features accommodations in Mthatha. Featuring free private parking, the guest house is a 17-minute walk from Nelson Mandela Museum.

Everything, staff was good, house cleaned
Scored 7.1
Rated good
Good
349 reviews
Price from$31.84per night
Express Lodge MTHATHA, hotel in Mthatha

Located in Mthatha and within a 19-minute walk of Nelson Mandela Museum, Express Lodge MTHATHA has a garden, non-smoking rooms, and free WiFi throughout the property.

Scored 7.2
Rated good
Good
6 reviews
Price from$42.97per night
Mthatha Rest 2, hotel in Mthatha

Mthatha Rest 2 in Mthatha provides accommodations with a garden, a terrace, and a shared lounge. There's a private entrance at the guest house for the convenience of those who stay.

Scored 7.4
Rated good
Good
21 reviews
Price from$37.46per night
See all 11 hotels in Mthatha

What Guests Said About Mthatha:

• Scored 10

Mthatha is a beautiful town filled with warm and friendly...

Mthatha is a beautiful town filled with warm and friendly people. I stayed at the Garden Court, and I had a wonderful experience. The hotel is exquisite with friendly staff, and I look forward to visiting Mthatha again in the future.
    Melezwa
    South Africa
  • Scored 8.0

The room is spacious, neat and clean.

The room is spacious, neat and clean. Unfortunately the bathroom water didn't heat up well enough. It was look warm during my showers and coffee things ran short, not filled up. Accommodation is closer to town, there are cabs.
    Lisa
    South Africa
  • Scored 6.0

Mthatha is a very diverse city; it has wealthy areas and of...

Mthatha is a very diverse city; it has wealthy areas and of course, very poor areas. There are some nice restaurants and shops in Mthatha. It is a very crowded city and it always sad for me to see the amount of stray and homeless dogs running around the city, foraging for food. I usually dread driving through Mthatha because of this, but in some instances, it is the quickest route home.
    Wahammen21
    South Africa
  • Scored 2.0

Yoo! this is very difficulty to explain I have no problem...

Yoo! this is very difficulty to explain I have no problem with Mthatha but the accommodation we were at. There was one guest from East London who could not stay longer as he too said he was not happy. in eatery places. It's easy to get around because we were using the GPS.
    Ncane
    South Africa
  • Scored 8.0

The Nelson Mandela Museum is well worth a visit.

The Nelson Mandela Museum is well worth a visit. It is different and captures something local rather than the national figure. The gifts and paintings etc given to Nelson Mandela are good to see, although there are rather a lot of statues, some a bit amusing! We would have liked to see the museum at Qunu but it was under renovation. This suggests that it may be worth visiting in the future.
    Gaynor
    United Kingdom
  • Scored 4.0

The best tip I can ever give to anyone is not to pay...

The best tip I can ever give to anyone is not to pay beforehand, my experience was disastrous at Sunset Guesthouse advertised to be at Sidwadwa when it’s at Zimbane and I was not refunded for not staying over. If you can, opt to pay at the property. Do not be like me and trust booking.com for quality, they list even unkempt properties.
    olwethu
    South Africa

Explore guest reviews of hotels in Mthatha

• From $44.07 per night
    Scored 8.6
    Rated excellent
    Excellent
     · 451 reviews
    A warm welcoming by sis Bongi, before we even arrived checking us at what time are we gonna be checking in, sending the location. When we arrived doing the orientation, for each and every room up to dinning place. The rooms are very clean, comfortable beds with, extra warm blankets and electric blankets. Thank you so much sis Bongi, next time we come again to Umtata definitely we gonna be sleeping at Shoes guest house. Such a lovely place
    L
    Lungelo
    South Africa
  • Scored 8.5
    Rated very good
    Very Good
     · 538 reviews
    Despite the location, passing the gate enters you into a complete opposite. Clean, well-maintained premises, secure & safe. Tasteful décor - seems more like entering a hotel than a B&B. Spacious dining area and room with excellent comfort. B&B has its own generator which helped a lot - we had quite a few power failures due to heavy rains. Siv at reception was vivacious, friendly and super helpful. This is one of the gems in Mthatha!
    Dion
    South Africa
  • Scored 7.1
    Rated good
    Good
     · 349 reviews
    The place is conveniently located centrally in the city of Umtata but needs to be revamped .
    Khumalo
    South Africa
  • From $107.09 per night
    Scored 7.6
    Rated good
    Good
     · 831 reviews
    Safe with a closed parking Staff very pleasant. 2 restaurants next to the hotel
    Marine
    France
  • From $27.27 per night
    Scored 6.0
    Rated pleasant
    Pleasant
     · 370 reviews
    I liked everything about the place, it's a 5 star hotel in disguise
    Mlisela
    South Africa